Kitchen Fitting Question

If i can't repair my extractor fan can i find another that fits in the same space?

I have an extractor fan that worked fine but unfortunately a lodger bashed the outer casting so one can't reach the control buttons. So I believe I have to replace the whole unit or can it be sorted out?

3 Answers

If you cannot repair the unit put the name into google with the model number most hoods can be replaced with an identical sized unit you can often see a plan of the size on line take your time and double check the sizes.

Answered 3rd Sep 2011


Member since 9 Oct 2008


Extractors, are usually either 430mm, 500mm, 540/550mm, 600mm, 900mm or 1000mm wide, to match the size of ovens and hobs...yours most probably could be changed easily.

Not sure about the repair, but extractors aren't that expensive.

hope this helps

Answered 3rd Sep 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

Hello. The short answer is yes extractors come in set sizes. The most common are 600mm 900mm and a 1000mm. Most of the time it is not worth repairing as parts and labour often exceed the cost of a new unit.
I hope this helps

Wesley Lee

Answered 3rd Sep 2011

W Lee Carpentry Limited

Member since 28 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions