Plumbing Question

Can i change separate taps to a mixer tap without changing sink?

Hi, I have just moved to a new place and would like to change the separate hot/cold taps on bathroom sink to a mixer tap. Is it possible to do so without changing the sink? If so, what do I need to consider before buying a mixer tap (and what else do I need to buy)? And how much will it cost to fix it please? Thank you.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi, you can fit a mixer tap as you can buy a blanking plate for one of the existing tap holes. Two things to consider your new mixer will not be centre so may not look how you visioned. Also you need to look for a mixer tap with out a pop up waste as may not fit correctly, so a clicker waste would be more suitable.

To be on the safe side you should budget upto £75 Inc vat depending if existing pipes need adjusting & how easy the isolation of the water is.

Kind regards

Answered 2nd Sep 2011

Ecoten ltd

Member since 17 Aug 2011

You wouldn't be able to do this on a bathroom sink, the sink you have is a two hole sink, where you have two seperate taps, whereas the sink you need for a mixer tap is a one hole sink, where the hot and cold are feed though a single tap.

Answered 2nd Sep 2011

Pure Building and Plumbing

Member since 31 May 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions