Windows Question

Can the rubber sealants be replaced around double-glazed window units rather than replacing the whole window; windows installed at least 15 years ago?

Thanks both for your advice. It is much appreciated. Have now approached a couple of window fitters for quotes. Regards, Neil

5 Answers

Best Answer

hi , if the gasget has shrunk on the inside then be best to pull a bit out and go on ebay ,,, have a look at window gasgets and you will see loads of pictures ,,,
match it up to yours and buy a few meters and then you just wedge it in the same way you pulled it out ,, if stiff spray with a bit of washing up liquid ,, thanks

jason ,,,,,,,, GREEN HOMES WINDOWS

Answered 3rd Mar 2011

JG Homes Improvements LTD

Member since 2 Apr 2010

Yes you can. pull out one and take it to any UPVc windows and doors shops,they'll be able to give you the right one and fit it by your self.All you need it a pair of good scissors.
Hope it help.

Answered 20th Mar 2011

Stylish Sash Windows

Member since 11 Mar 2011

you can buy the seals from who ever makes your windows. If you cant source them there are companies that sell seals such as
They may have what you need

Answered 1st Mar 2011

Graham Higgs Home Improvements

Member since 15 Feb 2011

No feedback

Easily replaced.
Find out the name of the rubber gasket & buy a length from ebay, amazon or similar sales website.
Not difficult to replace new gasket.
Use window cleaning solution to ease the rubber into the groove around the unit.

All Seasons Group Ltd.
Biggin Hill
Specialists in Orangeries and Conservatories

Answered 7th Oct 2013

All Seasons Group Ltd

Member since 4 Oct 2013

You should be able to get new rubber gaskets, best get a good window fitter round to advise and price.

Answered 1st Mar 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions