Windows Question

Water between panes of double glazing

Since the heavy rain over winter we have had water between the two panes in our double glazing, not just condensation but about an inch of water sitting at the bottom. How do we go about draining it before it starts to mould and will we likely need the whole window replaced?

3 Answers

Best Answer

The seal around your glass has broken so you will need to replace the unit they are not to expensive
You can't drain this as if it's argon filled then it will condensate even more

Answered 10th Mar 2015

Draycott Builders

Member since 9 Mar 2015

New units required.


Answered 10th Mar 2015

Flamborough windows

Member since 27 Jan 2014

The sad news is your double glazed unit has failed, once you water or condensation leaking into the unit the only option is to replace the glass unit. The frame should be OK.

Answered 10th Mar 2015


Member since 23 Jul 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions