Tree Surgery Question

Tree condition report

Please could you give an idication of the likely costs involved in obtaining a tree condition report. We have large tree subject to TPO. Need some dead branches sorting out but also concerned that one of the two main trunks is growing away from main trunk, is very heavy and overhangs a highway. Worried itmay tear away due to its own weight. Want to get advice / a tree condition report before approaching Tree Officer at council. Many thanks

1 Answer

Best Answer

For a single tree condition report ; I would charge £120 fee to survey plus £50 for written report.
Even if the tree is under a TPO, no tree officer will offer any unreasonable barriers to you completing necessary 'dead-wooding'. If any branch overhangs a public highway; again, through appropriate TPO procedures, it should be possible to reach a satisfactory solution with the tree officer to complete works to the tree so as to render the situation 'safe'. At all steps; work with the tree officer, and get a suitably qualified tree surgeon to assist, prepare and then to complete the works.
It might be useful to be aware of the following:-
'The Owners & Occupiers Liability Act 1957 & 1984’ this concerns a tree owners ‘Duty of Care’
In common law, direct or indirect damage caused by a tree could be known as an actionable nuisance which would come under ‘The Law of Tort'. Let us know if you need a tree condition report

Answered 14th Sep 2011

Bullworks (Tree Services) Ltd

Member since 26 Nov 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Tree Surgeons who can help you with your project.

Search all questions