Ask a tradesman
Is it possible to split a big extension project into two stages?
hi hope someone can help. Here goes
I have had plans pass last year for a two storey side elevation and a single rear elevation, what I would like to know is, would it be possible to do the project in 2 stages
First to build me two storey side elevation and the maybe in 12-24 months time start the rear
The main reason for this is due to up roar and possibly the financial side of things
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder
It is your cash and you keep control of it the way you wish for the works to progress.
If I were you I would get a schedule of works written up for 'stage one' this way the builder is only pricing for the work you want doing. It also gives you control of the costs and itemised works. It is much more reliable and prevents builders creating 'extras' which you may have believed yo have been in the original quote.
Answered 15th Jan 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Is there a 3 PHASE inverter out there that can manage a possible output of up to 60.000 watts for a tanning shop?
- Buying a house with a gas meter in bathroom? Is it safe? How much to get it moved?
- Is it possible to put a hip-to-gable extension on a semi with a single-storey side extension?
- Is it common practice to charge to provide a quote for a new roof on a property I wish to buy?