Ask a tradesman


Change a touch sensor dimmer switch with a push on/off turn type

Can this easily been done? Do I just need to change the plate & knob on front or will the behind boxes need to be changed also ?
Thanks for replies

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Electrician

Best Answer

If the existing wall box is too shallow to accommodate the new switch, then yes it would need to be changed. If both switches are the same depth then it should be a simple swap over.


Answered 8th Jan 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories