Ask a tradesman
Sash rehau window rating - quoted a rated but installed c rated
We have recently had installed double glazed sash windows. We were told they would be A rated Rehau windows. After installation we have noticed that they say C rated on the frame. Discussing this with the window company we were told on the phone that the frames are C rated but the windows are A rated. Find this hard to believe. Sounds rubbish to me.
Then were told that Rehau sash windows can only be C rated at highest. Not convinced of this either
2 Answers from MyBuilder Window & Door Fitters
The energy ratings c, b & a
Is for the window as a whole frame and glass.
Rehau can only achieve c rating.
They are current updating their profile to 5 chambers to achieve the a-rating.
Answered 4th Nov 2014
With appropriate glazing a window built using Rehau 50mm or 60mm profile will hit an A rating (but not the 70mm) if this is a typical sash window.
If you mean a vertical sliding sash then the Rehau Heritage window with appropriate glazing also hits an A rating
The rating is based upon the window as a whole, that is correct. An A rated glazed unit plus a C rated frame can be an A rated window, it depends on the actual sizes and make up.
Answered 19th Nov 2014
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- We had a velux window installed 3 years ago and its had constant leaks. Is it best to replace the window or is it possible to ever fix a leak?
- Is there a 3 PHASE inverter out there that can manage a possible output of up to 60.000 watts for a tanning shop?
- Dodgy claims from a national double glazing company?
- Desperate - what is the required fire rating for a ceiling in a conversion flat?