Ask a tradesman


Deepening rebate for double glazing?

I want to replace single glazed panes with double glazed units but need a deeper rebate in the timber frame. I don't want to chisel it (takes too long and don't think I'd do a good enough job) so is getting a carpenter(?) to router the inner frame the way to go? What kind of tradesman would do this?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Window & Door Fitter

Best Answer

You could get the rebate routed but if the single glazed unit has had a bead depending on the size of the bead usually a 20mm double glazed unit can be installed with a smaller bead. I have just recently done a job on a bay window and changed all the glass to double glazing using this method !!


Answered 14th Oct 2014

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories