Ask a tradesman
How to recognise if windows are self cleaning?
Just had obscure self cleaning glass fitted in with new double glazing. Asked the fitter how can you tell it is in fact self cleaning and he did not know! Rather worrying.
Can anyone advise please?
In answer to Lifeshine property services answer of 28th Sept -
Many thanks - yes it was a well known double glazing company in the West Yorkshire region. Would never recommend them to anyone now.
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Window & Door Fitter
Stoke On Trent • Member since 27 Jun 2014 • 27 jobs, 89% positive feedback
Hi self clean glass has a slight filming on the outside, surely the fitter should know this?? Was it a company you used?
Self clean glass shows finger prints quite easily but if you can touch the glass on the outside then do that to see if there's a filming to it .. Or rub your finger in the corner and it should show up because the part you rub should bring off the film
Answered 28th Sep 2014
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- We have just brought a 100yr old house and would like to find a timer expert to check our timbers are safe and the best way to restor/preserve them. Thank you
- We are doing a self build with a timber frame. We need to understand if this requires a certain builder to complete the house.
- How to fix a plug socket to a wall if the nails are too short to reach the stud.
- General advice on if / how to re-render