Roofing Question

Who is best to replace a post that is supporting my roof

One of the wooden posts that is supporting my roof is splitting where other internal roof supports rest on it. if it splits completely I am worried the roof will sag or collapse. Will a roofer be able to do the repair or do I need a builder? The supporting post rests on a supporting wall.

2 Answers

If it is your wooden purlin, then I would suggest an RSJ (rolled steel joist) - general builder

Answered 10th Sep 2014


Member since 26 Jul 2012

you would need a good general builder to take a look and best advise you on the course of action needed

Answered 15th Oct 2014

Azzas Roofing

Member since 26 Mar 2014

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Roofers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions