Stonemasonry Question

Sandstone cill repair

I have sandstone chills in need of repair,crumbling at the edges.
What can I use to repair them? Can I use mortar or do I need something designed for stone

3 Answers

Best Answer

Get some sandstone dust from a stone cutting yard that uses a quarry close that the stone may have come from or find out which quarry matches best. Mix with white cement. The best you will get with out employing a professional.

Answered 2nd Sep 2014

David S J Marshman Ltd

Member since 2 Sep 2014

Hi there u can use thermocromex or lithomex from masons mortar

Answered 26th Jan 2017

Lothians Stonemasons

Member since 18 Jan 2017

No feedback

apex grange sell all types of stone dust i.e bathstone portland etc

Answered 3rd Feb 2015

Hertstone LTD.

Member since 19 May 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Stonemasons who can help you with your project.

Search all questions