Carpentry & Joinery Question

My staircase joint has become misalign due to internal movement - for which i don't know what.

Whatis the best way of rectify the situation wihtout having to replace the staircase...

2 Answers

Best Answer


It would be best to get a carpenter to look at it. You can usually repair and replace most parts on a stair case with out replacing the whole staircase.

Answered 5th Aug 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

if your timber members of the house are moving it would sergest 1,a change in the heating in the house ,2 , a change in the construction (have you had any walls taken out) 3 ,damp (if one of the strings are against a out side wall)or i have come across rot in first riser & newel at floor level.

if its a new house contact N H B C

Answered 8th Feb 2012

wejc building & maintenance

Member since 22 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions