Restoration & Refurbishment Question

Condensation causing mould - can i install ventilation in double glazed window or is passyfier air vent best?

I have condensation in my Victorian conversion flat with black mould on some of the external walls. I have double glazing and it's worst in winter when windows are shut.

Would it be possible/best to install window ventilation (e.g. trickle vents) in double glazing or passyfier air vents to solve the problem? Ideally I'd like to be able to close the vents when it's really cold as I don't have central heating.

thanks very much

2 Answers

Yes either would do the job.

Answered 22nd Jul 2011

Gerald Francis Carpenter and joiner

Member since 8 Jan 2009

I would suggest to use passyfier air (with open-close vent holes) fitted in walls to get more circulated air. Windows can be open or closed so no need for any vents.

Answered 22nd Jul 2011

Syndyon Building Ltd

Member since 26 Nov 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions