Painting & Decorating Question

Whats the best underlay paper and wallpaper to ensure walls seem even?

We have stripped all the wallpaper off the walls and we have found that some of the walls are uneven ever so slightly. We are looking to wallpaper the fireplace area as the feature wall and paint all the other walls. We were wondering what the best type of under lay paper and wallpaper to use to make the walls look straight and even?

Many thanks

3 Answers

Best Answer

hi there, ofcourse the best option is to re-skim the walls, but if you decided to put the lining paper on, tey're comming in many thicknesses( can't remember but from 400 up to 1400 I think) from thinnest to thickest.
Which one is for you? it depends on how uneven the walls are, its up to you to pick the right one. and about a wallpaper trust me its not worth to go for a cheap one. Laura Ashley, or Dulux I'd recomend, and make shure its thick as well.

Answered 17th Jul 2011

Kam Property Maintenance

Member since 10 Jan 2011

No amount of lining paper will get rid of walls that are too bad I would suggest filling the deepest parts with a poly filler.
The worse condition your walls are in, the thicker the lining paper you will need to use.

The thickest lining paper is 2000 grade but will still not cover deep holes

Answered 17th Jul 2011

HD Design and Build

Member since 13 Jul 2011

No need to use a lining paper all you need is good professional preparation.

Answered 17th Jul 2011

Proctor Decorating

Member since 6 Mar 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Painters & Decorators who can help you with your project.

Search all questions