Plastering Question

I'm decorating my stairs and landing and have found a gap between the walls.

The walls were papered and on stripping the paper found a gap big enough to put my finger through between 2 adjacent outside walls. There is also some cracking under these walls. On another wall the plaster came away with the paper. I haven't removed the paper at the top of the wall as it's lining paper and was planning to paper over it!! Wasn't really planning a plastering job. Any suggestions?

3 Answers

sounds like you need to replaster

Answered 12th Jul 2011

clark&mccarthy building & carpentry ltd

Member since 3 Apr 2011

It sounds like your plaster has blown....... without bodging it your only real option is to strip off all of the loose and replaster sorry if this is bad news :(

Answered 13th Jul 2011

House Doctors

Member since 13 Jul 2011

Another way to do this sort of job is to use mf5 furring channel from british gypsum you can buy them from ccf who have branches all over country , fixed to your existing walls with plastic nailins then fix soundbloc plasterboard to these you can get more info on british gypsum web site hope this helps

Answered 30th Dec 2011


Member since 7 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions