Ask a tradesman

Restoration & Refurbishment

What is the best way to reinstate weathered and flaking bricks, short of replacing with new

The building is circa:90 years old, semi-detached dwelling

4 Answers from MyBuilder Restoration & Refurb Specialists

Best Answer

Hi Huriye 1234,
The cheapest way is to render the wall


Greengate Builders


Answered 12th Jul 2011

If you can get your hands on some reclaimed bricks matching the house and cut the defective bricks out . Power wash house repair any pointing and seal with thompsons water seal.
The only other way is to paint the bricks - which in my opinion looks Cr*p


Answered 12th Jul 2011

Cut out affected bricks and reinstate with similar.You may be lucky and find at your local reclamation yard they have the exact match needed for the era of your home.



Answered 13th Jul 2011

Cut out the bricks and replace with new bricks, scourced to match, you can either use a stone cutter or stitch drill them out, sometimes you can reverse the brick, if it has a decent face.


Answered 13th Jul 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories