Damp Proofing Question

Hello, we have a damp problem with all the external walls in our semi detached house, how will we know we are dealing with a legitimate company for advise? many thanks.

5 Answers

Best Answer

I would recommend you obtain a full diagnostic damp survey and report by a qualified building defects surveyor rather than a builder. I am a qualified building defects surveyor with over 25 years industry experience and would be happy to discuss your current problem with you without obligation.

Michael Foster CSRT MIWSc Dip Surv

Answered 11th Jul 2011

Pure Property Care Ltd

Member since 21 Sep 2010

I would say there are many forms of legitimate companies whether they are members of the PCA( Property Care Association) or the surveyor is CSRT( Certified Surveyor in Remedial Treatments)
Also how long have they been trading or working in the Remedial Industry?
Do they offer Guarantee`s for theyre work? Is the work Insurance backed?

I worked with a company that had all the accreditations but still made mistakes! Also i have worked with a company that have been trading for many years without and accreditations and theyre work was second to none.

I believe experience counts for everything,we can all sit a test to gain credentials but without hands on knowledge and understanding,it is worth nothing.

Good Luck.

Answered 12th Jul 2011

Cannon Preservation Ltd

Member since 21 May 2011

Hi There, If the Damp is just on the outside it will be penetrating Damp but if you have Damp on the inside coming up the wall 1 meter it is rising Damp.

Answered 11th Jul 2011

JB Home & Commercial Solutions.

Member since 29 Jun 2009

Hi, to ensure you are dealing with a legitimate company, your best place to look is the PCA (Property Care Association). Here you will find all damp companies who have been approved, vetted and who have CSRT qualified surveyors who are trained specialists in the damp and timber industry.
Kind regards, Sarah (Dampaid - Head Office)

Answered 11th Jul 2011


Member since 25 Nov 2008

No feedback

Make sure they have an insurance backed guarantee . If the property has a cavity
it may be full of rubble a good damp proof company should spot this.

Answered 11th Jul 2011

m pilbeam construction

Member since 5 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions