Ask a tradesman


Complete new system in house should we have had certificate for same.

Had new meter and total complete heating and all new electrical work.

5 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

You should of recieved a certificate for the electrical instalation

Was the electrician NICEIC Registered ?

If they were not you can have the work tested and a certificate will be issued by a registered electrician.

I would get this done ASAP.


Answered 7th Jul 2011

the competent person doesn't need to be niceic registered, this winds me up! as long as they are part p registered by either nic eic, eca, napit or elecsa!

but yes you should of received a cert, but unfortunatly you can't get another electrician to sign it off, as we are only supposed to "self certify our own work" not someone elses, so what the previous answer says is not true!
you may find someone too do it but they are not ment too.

thanks matt
amd electrical


Answered 9th Jul 2011

In one word, YES, all electrical installations require certification and if you have had gas installed then you should also have a certificate for that


Answered 7th Jul 2011

Yes you should have had an EIC issued but contrary to what some will tell you they dont have to be NICEIC registered this is a myth (perpetuated by NICEIC electricians usualy)they can be members of any Part P scheme,they could even do the work if not with a scheme but this would involve notifying building control at different stages of the job.



Answered 9th Jul 2011

a part p competant person can only certify his own work you need a periodic inspection these inspectors can test all works this is there main work inspection and testing your local building control may be able to help or just google it theres loads of um input your area you will get a local one good luck john jm services a


Answered 15th Jul 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories