Plumbing Question

I have a monoblock lever tap, don't know brand, which is leaking. i am being told i need to possibly buy a new tap, this can't be right, surely it is possible to replace the washer?

I can send picture if needed

3 Answers

Best Answer

Hi, This all depends on what type of tap you have if it is the type that swivels left/right for hot-cold then the chances of getting replacement parts are not good, if it is a monobloc tap with separate hot-cold taps then you can possibly get replacement cartridges for it. A photo might be able to clarify.

Answered 7th Jul 2011

Chamberlain Maintenance

Member since 3 Oct 2008

Good evening, the answer to your question is as follows :
If you have a leak coming from the levers themselves i suspect that you will probably need a new tap, although this is not set in stone as you can buy the inserts for some ceramic lever taps. It depends on which model you have.
Secondly, If the water is coming from the swan neck of the tap then it is a simple job of turning the hot and cold water off (just for safety) undoing the screw at the back, removing the neck and replacing the o rings inside.

I hope this helps and if you require any further guidance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards

Carl Baker
Gas safe 502160

Answered 7th Jul 2011

Carl Baker Plumbing & Heating Services

Member since 9 Apr 2010

Hi,your monoblock tap will be of a design not to contain rubber washes,but will have ceramic washers and unfortunately irreplaceable,a new tap will be required,sorry for the bad news,David,from moorside plumbing heating.

Answered 7th Jul 2011

Moorside Plumbing & Heating

Member since 20 Apr 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions