Gas Work Question

Can a refurbished 50s gas cooker from the usa be fitted in london, it will be set to take natural gas

3 Answers

Yes of course it can be fitted. Just look at the instruction manual or call the makers and this will guide you to what the gas pressure the cooker is. A lot of cookers come from USA and are the same as ours. Like Montague Grizzly who make catering cookers for resturants. Richard

Answered 14th Jul 2011

Aaronton Heating, Plumbing and Gas

Member since 19 Aug 2008

You need to have the manufacturers data to find out if this is possible, are you in a flat or apartment? if so then it will need to meet the new regulations. Lee Our Plumber (East Yorkshire)

Answered 16th Jul 2011

our plumber

Member since 23 Nov 2010

I would strongly suggest that you do not use this cooker at all in this country.I doubt very much that it would be to our safety standards.The only gas appliances that should be used here are ones that are to our standards and comply with the Gas safety,installation and use regulations 1998.

Answered 8th Aug 2011


Member since 22 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions