Handyman Question

I need to get the front door to a flat replaced. should i look for a handyman, a carpenter or a builder?

Door was stoved in by the ambulance service while gaining emergency access. It doesn't look like it can be repaired. Would need a new door by Monday. Flat is in Lewes, Sussex.

7 Answers

Best Answer

Probably a carpenter is the best trade you need, it will probably have to be a fire door.
Place you requirements in the Post a Job section on this site.

Answered 29th Jun 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

A Carpenter. A builder might be of a carpentry trained background, or have a carpenter on the cards.

Answered 29th Jun 2011

NLC Carpentry & Joinery

Member since 2 Jul 2011

Probably a carpenter

Answered 29th Jun 2011

Help 4 your Home

Member since 31 Dec 2010

I would recomend a carpenter every time as they have the correct tools for this type of work

Answered 29th Jun 2011

Mark Small Refurbishment and Restoration

Member since 7 Nov 2010

For the best result you will need a carpenter after all we fit doors for a living

Answered 29th Jun 2011

EJS Carpentry

Member since 16 Nov 2008


Answered 29th Jun 2011

woodfloor carpenter

Member since 1 Feb 2009

A carpenter if you only want the job done once

Answered 12th Feb 2017

Thomas Clarke Construction

Member since 10 Feb 2017

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Handymen who can help you with your project.

Search all questions