Kitchen Fitting Question

Have you got knowledge about planning permission for altering kitchen walls and windows? your job include all floor layering, altering gas pipes and plumbing?

job includes demolishing walls and kitchen designs

4 Answers

sorry you have posted this in the wrong section, you want to post this in the job section of this site, get a few local tradesmen round to quote pick one job done

Answered 21st Jun 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

Hi, if the walls that you intend to remove are load bearing then you will need to have an engineer to specify the size of steel and pad stones required to hold up anything above, also local authority will need to inspect this re:- fire rating etc. Generally internal alterations do not require planning permission unless the works include the removal of structural walls and as long as your house is not listed in anyway changing window sizes should not be an issue as long as the correct size lintels are used. I hope this is of some use..Tom

Answered 21st Jun 2011

Darcon Building Services

Member since 21 Jun 2011

you don't need to get planning permission for that type of work. building regs should be adhered to and obviously anything to do with gas has to be done by someone who is 'gas safe'.

Answered 21st Jun 2011

Alex Lewis

Member since 16 Jun 2011

Hello, You need to seperate the 2 jobs, In the first instance you need to get an architect or someone who does plan drawings to ascertain the load bearing alterations to walls and windows , they will do calculations and if necessary submit a plan to building control, after all the structural works will need to be completed before fitting a new kitchen. A good architect will work to a basic kitchen plan . A competent kitchen fitter will do the rest.

Answered 21st Jun 2011


Member since 25 Nov 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions