Central Heating Question

Costing for cental heating for a three bed house

I have a three bed house and am looking into getting central heating fitted (i currently only have a gas fire in the lounge) and would like estimates. I am looking to have five radiators.
I do have a friend that has said they are willing and able to fit the radiators but can't do the boiler/gas parts as not qualified, would this be something that a heating specialist would be okay about?? if so would this reduce the price by much?

3 Answers

Always best to speak to a qualified gas safe fitter, generally a good tradesman would not trust anybody fitting any part of the central heating system, it has to be flushed through, tested & certified. Don't be a mug you are going to spend a great deal of money putting in a new system best to get it right first time.

Answered 21st Jun 2011

H Kirby Building services Ltd

Member since 9 May 2011

No feedback

get a qualified engineer to do the job right.it would not make a big difference in price,best to advertise on the job site

Answered 22nd Jun 2011


Member since 1 Jun 2008

Energy efficiency is of prime importance and you say 5 rads??? You must have one rad per room including a bathroom and deff hallways/landing otherwise you'll have cold spots. So you would be looking at 9. You must have someone who can convert the volume of each room to size the rads correctly. You must also consider if you have double glazing and insulation - there are grants out there. People with no experience make mistakes - which costs.

Answered 4th Jul 2011

CC Morgan & Son

Member since 19 Mar 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions