Gas Work Question

Need to move a flueless gas stove back a foot or two

I am about to buy a new house and they have a flueless gas stove in the lounge. There is a chimney of sorts which has been blocked up and they have placed the stove in a fake look stove chimney breast (i think the aim was for the country cottage look).

I want to resurrect the proper chimney breast etc but due to cost we will be keeping the flueless stove for the forseeable future. So my plan is to move the stove back a little bit and put in a register plate to cap the bottom of the chimney (obviosuly out of normal sight).

Final touches will then be to get a surround and hearth fitted etc and hey presto. Is this possible and if so, is it a relatively simple job. My thoughts are that it will be a simple case of moving the relevant gas pipe back a bit somehow??

Any help would be great.

1 Answer

Best Answer

I would say that you probably could resite the stove, as for being a simple case of moving the gas pipe back, you need a Gas Safe registered installer to disconnect the stove, resite it, connect back up and test.

Answered 17th Jun 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions