Handyman Question

Ramp to get wheelchair from path into house

Need to make flat access to house ( presently high step) extended to flat area outside, then manufacture gradual ramp with element of grip/friction. What category would cover this?

2 Answers

*****confused**** what do you mean by "category"?
FYI the gradient of the ramp can vary according the length of the ramp; please visit the planning portal then look for building regs docs and you will need Part M for guidance, this can be downloaded and printed for free.

Answered 4th Oct 2013

JLM Architecture Limited

Member since 5 Sep 2013

I agree with all of the previous comment but would add that having dealt with people in wheelchairs personally take the regulations as a guide but make the ramp as long & shallow as your situation permits.

Answered 24th Oct 2013

The Handyman

Member since 24 Oct 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Handymen who can help you with your project.

Search all questions