Ask a tradesman

Bathroom Fitting

Chip in a bath

I have not long had my bathroom suite fitted so really don't want to replace it. The problem is a tile around the window came off and fell into the bottom of the bath taking a chip out, is there anything I can buy to repair this chip.

3 Answers from MyBuilder Bathroom Fitters

Best Answer

you can get an acrylic chip repair kit to carry out repairwork to either steelyne baths or plastic or porcelain.


Answered 17th Jun 2011

Hi, there is a product available at Plumbworld called REPAIRING SCRATCHES AND CHIPS IN BATHS. It works well and is easy to use. Suitable for enamel baths, acrylic baths, fibreglass baths, ceramics and stone resin shower trays, simply mix the two parts to the product and apply with the little spatuala in the kit. Sand down and spray with the enamel spray. It is available online at Hope this helps.

Secondly, may I suggest you check the stability of the other tiles to ensure there are no further loose ones.

Good luck!


Answered 17th Jun 2011

i have used this product before to carry out minor repairs for customers. very easy to apply, my only word of warning is dont be tempted to over sand or apply to much enamal as it may not level in the hole very well.


Answered 17th Jun 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories