Painting & Decorating Question

Insurance for painter and decorator

Hi, I am just about to start out on my own as a painter and decorator. Do I need insurance, if so how much does it cost and where is the best place to get it?

Kind Regards

5 Answers

Best Answer

You don't know if you need insurance, depends on what sort of work you may be doing. If it's private work, there is no need just be careful,
but once you get on your feet I would buy some.

Answered 21st Sep 2013

Proctor Decorating

Member since 6 Mar 2011

Yes you should have public indemnity insurance to cover damage you may do to your clients homes, accidentally of course.

Call Earl Franklin of Herald Insurance - they do the best deals I have ever come across.

Answered 19th Sep 2013

JLM Architecture Limited

Member since 5 Sep 2013

Go online to a price comparison site. The one I used had 6 companies they dealt with, strangely only one wanted to insure a painter and decorator despite no claims in the past! It would be silly not to have insurance as it seems to be between £90 and £150.

Answered 19th Sep 2013

Painter and Decorator Winchester

Member since 27 Aug 2013




Answered 19th Sep 2013


Member since 26 Jul 2012

Im with they were pretty reasonable for the year. Regardless of how careful you are, accidents do happen. Get insured for your own and clients peace of mind.

Answered 1st Aug 2017

C A Decor

Member since 1 Aug 2017

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Painters & Decorators who can help you with your project.

Search all questions