Plastering Question

How do i need for insurance work?

HELP! I had a slow but extended leak from the bathroom which has caused a crack in the ceiling. I have contacted insurance company, they said find 2 people to quote... I have no idea where to start! I think ceiling needs to come down and decoration needed but I again have no clue? Any suggestions on who to contact??

4 Answers

Hi, Post the job on the site, use the two trades you like best and send their quote to the insurance company, who will probably chose the cheapest. The trader that does the quote should include all the work needed.
You will need to tell them you want it painted,
Hope this helps
regards Fred

Answered 5th Jun 2011

Odd job Rog

Member since 30 May 2008

just post it in the restoration and refurbishment section of the site stating the problems and request quotes for the insurance, pick a couple [ good insurance company normally they require 3 quotes ] they should do you a written quote sent of the quotes insurance companies loss adjusters pick one job done.

hope this helps

Answered 5th Jun 2011

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

just ring 2 people out of the yellow pages and ask them to submit a quote for insurance purposes ,with most insurances they will pay for the damage caused by the leak but you yourself will have to pay for the leak to be repaired and traced.
ps were are you based

Answered 5th Jun 2011

evergreen joinery services

Member since 3 Dec 2008

The best thing to do is get your local paper look for plasterers or post job on here explaining the leak and that you need written quotes for the insurance company.If you get three or four quotes first then send two quotes to the insurance company ( your choice ).When insurance company agree to a quote they will send you a cheque this is usualy after the work has been done and you send them a invoice for the work from the builder.It normaly takes a few weeks for cheque to come so be prepared to pay the builder out of your own money first.I can give you a quote if you are near Leicester ...

Answered 6th Jun 2011


Member since 6 Feb 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions