Plastering Question

We need a stud wall moved; is it the sort of job for a plasterer, or buuilder?

6 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Rob ,
Being a stud wall i take it there is no load bearing issues. A good plasterer will be able the move a stud wall . Then if you want it somewhere else , using metal stud work, or timber . This is something i have done many times .
Hope this helps

Answered 4th Jun 2011

Carrigan Plastering

Member since 26 May 2011

depends is it supporting the ceiling or not? a confident handyman could do it if its not mayor

Answered 4th Jun 2011

D.N.A Building Services Ltd

Member since 21 May 2011

Hi Rob, a general builder with carpentry and plastering skills will be able to do it. Also most plasterers will have experience in stud wall construction, whether it be timber studs or the lightweight aluminium system. Hope this helps.

Answered 4th Jun 2011

Hammer & Nails Construction

Member since 3 Mar 2009

Either a plasterer or builder should be able to help or a handyman
Hope that helps Gary

Answered 4th Jun 2011

A Finishing Touch

Member since 29 Jun 2010

Hello there. Your best bet would be to ask the plasterer you intend to use if he will tackle the joinery side of the job. Most plasterers I know will do the stud work on smaller jobs or single walls. I know myself I would rather plasterboard and plaster on to my own stud work. Hope this helps chris

Answered 4th Jun 2011

Ch kitchens bedrooms bathroom

Member since 4 Jun 2011

if you only want one guy doing the job then either will do if there good im a joiner but cant plaster otherwise id do it :)

Answered 4th Jun 2011

M.L.H Woodcraft

Member since 20 Jun 2010

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions