Restoration & Refurbishment Question

Have a victorian terrace with front 2 story bay that is v.wonky with window surrounds & lintels sloping to one side. is it possible to do anything to make the bay look straight?

would like to know what can be done and potential costs to give a straighter appearance to the front of the house. The house is structurally sound and has not moved for many years (survey is done) the sinking is simply due to historic movement and a difference in foundations due to cellar on one side but we would like to know if we can correct the wonky appearance.

4 Answers

Best Answer

hi there if you are looking to get the front of the building looking plumb and level you will have to re build sorry best to just live with it unless you have a bit of cash to spare thank you ian

Answered 30th May 2011

bedfordshire builders ltd

Member since 30 Sep 2009

There are allways sulution to any problem, do you have any kind of budjet in mind for the project??
I am happy to give all and any advise requiered.
regards Ashley

Answered 30th May 2011


Member since 3 Mar 2009

Hello, best bet would be to rebuild the bay windows, it may be possible to clad to make it appear level but the rebuild would be best and maybe would not cost the earth either. Good luck

Answered 30th May 2011

kirkby and sons

Member since 27 Apr 2010

it can be made to look straight using timber plates etc & total redo the timber/plaster on the inside . a good joiners should be able to carry out the job , around two days per bay plus materials

Answered 30th May 2011


Member since 5 May 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions