Plumbing Question

Making a tap from two separate stop valves

I've seen photos of bath and basin mixers made from two separate handles (wall or deck mounted) and a spout positioned somewhere other than between the two handles - sometimes quite a distance away. What sort of valves do I need for this arrangement? And does the plumber 'simply' make all the joining pipework, or are there other special fittings that would be needed to connect the two valves? Thanks.

Thanks for all input. Will go to the plumbing merchants to make sure I'm getting the right bits.

5 Answers

Best Answer

Hello to do what you are asking go to this company will give you all the infomation required.
If you are handy at DIY all the instructions come with the valves, if not call a plumber as some times they are a to fit.
Good luck.

Answered 29th May 2011


Member since 8 Apr 2009

No feedback

It is possible to make something up as I have done this myself! but I have collected an array of bits over the years that makes this kind of thing eaisy for me, send some pix and I will advise you further.
You can purchase items requiered from a good plumbing merchant.
regards Ashley

Answered 29th May 2011


Member since 3 Mar 2009

Hi, usually the tap comes with braided hoses to connect the hot and cold from the taps to the spout so all you would need to do is get 4 braided hoses which have 1/2" male nut on 1 end and 15mm compression or pushfit on the other. 2 for the spout and 2 to connect to the tap heads and then just put some pipe work between copper or pushfit.

What i would recommend though and i am installing alot at the moment is a digital bath overflow filler like the Aqualisa Quartz bath filler, comes in a pumped and unpumed version and is all digitally controlled. If your budget can stretch then the Aqualisa Ilux bath filler comes with a remote control that you can set to your desired depth and temperature and it will automatically fill the bath to your settings at the touch of a button.

If you are in the south east our shop offers a free design service and would be able to design and supply your bathroom including cad images.

Hope this helps
KPS Installations Ltd

Answered 29th May 2011

KPS Installations Ltd

Member since 10 Jul 2009

the valves, handles, and spout come as a kit.
you then position them where you want, using relevant fittings and pipe work.
I hope this is of help

Answered 29th May 2011

RJS Kitchens & Bathrooms

Member since 8 Dec 2008

they are called tap bodys,the water comes up the middle of the tape then it comes out the side under the tap ,hot and cold ,then you couple both of these onto the spout ,any ware you want ,ie a water fall over a bath ,i have this allready ,

Answered 29th May 2011

new dawn plumbing and heating

Member since 1 Jul 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions