Extensions Question

Advice about single story extensions

We are looking at extending our semi detached house out the back via a single storey 3m wide by 4 m long. we would want double doors on one side a window at the end and a tiled roof . Can you please supply me with any ideas and advice about the best way to go about it - single builder to do all or seperate foundation , bricky , windows and roofer then a plasterer . I look forward to your advice and feedback

2 Answers

Best Answer


Depends on how much you want to manage the project.

If you don't mind doing a bit of organising and shopping around you would be good to find all the skilled men yourself and co-ordinate it all.

If you just want a fixed price and someone to take it all out of your hands you should use a main contractor, less stress!!!


Answered 14th May 2013

R.Hughes Building and Conservation Ltd

Member since 25 Feb 2009

Find a "builder" on this site. Pay him 25k to 35k and let him do his thing. I get calls twice a day pertaining to self managed builds going wrong.
And if it goes wrong, few decent builders want to get involved to take over.

Kindly Louis Kingwill.

Answered 17th May 2013

Louis Kingwill

Member since 2 Dec 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions