Plumbing Question

Finding central heating valves/upriser pipes

My central heating was working but not heating up to the expected temperature. Its a dual boiler system and a service engineer cane and replaced the A printed Circuit board in one boiler and also the thermostat on the hot water tank. He wired the thermostats wrongly and twice fused the electrics in the house before realising his mistake. Since then we have only had central heating on the Ground floor but not upstarirs (hotwater works fine). Te service engineer thinks there is an actuated value value for the upstairs but we can not find it. He thinks this is stuck closed.
He thinks it may be where the central heating pipes rise upstairs ? Its an old house and we are struggling to find the value or the riser pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

2 Answers

Only requires a little bit of detective work, contact me via if you live near Wolverhampton

Answered 13th Apr 2013

Boiler Homecare

Member since 6 Jan 2010

with respect... call another engineer. the valves are usually easily accessible, he may be getting confused between a 2 and 3 port valve.

Answered 13th Apr 2013

L.D Plumbing and Heating

Member since 10 Apr 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions