Damp Proofing Question

Replacement floor

I have an uneven concrete floor in my dining room with some efflorescence in places. I have been advised that due to the unevenness if it were screed there would be a significant difference in floor height between this and the adjacent room.

One option is to have the floor excavated and replaced.

Could someone advise which trade is best suited to post under and should I only consider tradesmen who can offer insurance backed guarantees ?


2 Answers

Hi there
you could use a reputable builder as long as they use the right materials and membranes
if you have other damp issues connected with the floor eg in the walls then you need a damp company in to advise.

Answered 11th Apr 2013

Trident Damp

Member since 26 May 2011

Firstly what it your main concern, the unevenness or the efflorescence. This will determine which way to go. As for ripping out and replacing the whole floor, that does sound extreme. More information is needed.

Answered 21st Apr 2013

JW Surveys

Member since 11 Jan 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions