Damp Proofing Question

Damp to front elevation

i think my driveway may be causing damp. How can i tell if the damp course is bridged? Its edwardian with skirt/plith at bottom of wall. Looks like the ground has been raised and a dpm laid uner the crazy paving and right up to the skirt/plinth. Is it possible to deal with this without taking the whole drive up? Did think about lowering the ground around the perimiter of the house but might end up with trench like and fill up with water. Not sure where i go with this - any help welcom.

1 Answer

Best Answer

Hi there
The best bet would be to dig a trench around the perimeter and make sure you dig down to the earth then infill with shingle to finish off,this should do the trick as long as you are below damp course level,if not you would need a French drain fitted google this to learn more but its the same as the trench but with drainage.

Answered 8th Apr 2013

Trident Damp

Member since 26 May 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions