Extensions Question

Bay window extension

do I need building permission to put a second story bay window over an existing first floor bay window on the back of the house. This would imitate the first and second story bay windows on the front of the house. How long might it take?

2 Answers

Best Answer

bay windows are classed as extensions so any first floor extension to a property whether it be front or back will need planning permission. Regarding how long would mean looking at the condition of the ground floor one, the size of it and also what type of roof are you wanting to put on it - flat or pitched. See if you can get planning permission first then post a job on here to ask for quotes.
UK Property Services

Answered 5th Mar 2013

UK Property Services

Member since 21 Feb 2011

You mean planning permission. You might because it changes the appearance of the front, but on the other hand it does not stick out more. If you put a bay in a widow then you do need planning permission. Best thing is to phone you local council, they will advise you over the phone. Usually takes less than 2 months.


Paul Albright

Answered 5th Mar 2013

Aspire Housing

Member since 23 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions