- Member since Oct 2012
- 68 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite Phil Smith to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
With a background of over 20 years in IT system installation, Phil built on his technical skills by qualifying as a domestic electrician. With the goal of designing and installing Home Automation Solutions, Phil is consolidating his experience by offering value, quality electrical work for the home.
About Phil Smith
• Previously IT consultant for various organisations and government agencies.
Electrical work includes:
• Complete retrofit of LightwaveRF enabled home automation, enabling the entire flat to be controlled by remote/smartphone and custom timers, as well as using smart looking dimmer switches.
• Electrical condition inspection and report for a flat rental, converted Victorian house in London.
• Occupied Victorian House complete certified rewire, from previous 1930s-1970s cabling - new consumer unit and fully tested and certified, and property used normally during work.
• Electrical condition report and repairs to electrical systems for 4 newly converted flats from Victorian House in Brighton.
• Removal of excessive "spare" live electrical wiring and equipment from old factory building converted into 6 flats and a shop, including rewiring part, replacing meters for each flat and replacement Consumer Unit and certificate for shop circuits.
• Replace existing centre pendant lamps in bedrooms with multiple recessed down lighters, and added new circuits and lights to existing built in wardrobes.
• Consumer unit changes for multiple customers including replacing old wylex fuse boxes with 17th edition CU, tested and certified.
• Custom jobs including hanging chandeliers, boxing in pipes on stairs and fitting low energy LED lights.
• Other common work includes new/replacement sockets, diagnosing and fixing lighting issues, cooker installation, bathroom/kitchen fan replacements as well as outdoor work (sockets/SWA cable and garage/shed wiring).
• Part P Approved Contractor.
• 17th Edition Certified.
• Competent Person Scheme registered with ELECSA.
• Electrical Safety Register.
• City & Guilds (2382) Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 (17th Edition Wiring Regs).
• City & Guilds (2392) Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification.
• City & Guilds (2393) Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings (Part P).
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS Card).
• HS&E Tested.
Public liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £2,000,000.00
Checked on 21st Apr 17
Mr Phil Smith (trading as WhizBang! Home Solutions)
Valid until: 27th Apr 18
Ask a tradesman
Phil Smith has answered 3 questions on Ask a Tradesman.