S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling
- Member since Feb 2015
- 256 reviews • 100% positive rating
Start your project
Invite S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
My name is Steve Harmston. I have run a small family business for 22 years which has been built on word of mouth and customer satisfaction due to my high standards of work, friendly service and diligence. I offer free quotes and reasonable, competitive pricing.
- Bathroom Fitting
About S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling
- 5yr apprenticeship (1973-8) based at Basford Hall Collage served at Clark & Wright.
- During my 19 years at Clark & Wright, I built up many key skills useful for working in the building trade. This enabled me to diversify from plumbing, learning many additional trades including tiling, plastering, lead work, bricklaying and more.
- I chose self-employment in 1993. Typically, I cover many forms of home improvements, focusing on tiling and plastering. Jobs range from fully fitting bathrooms to plumbing/tiling kitchens. I also offer a wide range of plastering services including plaster boarding, skimming, rendering and tyrolean.
- Site work (1993-2010): I have many years of experience working on commercial sites as a sub-contracted tiler. Site work projects include luxury housing estates at Stamford (for Milkirk Builders), new build sites such as Allison Homes and Kier Homes. Whilst sub-contracted to Daismill Ceramics, I worked as a tiler at the MFI Showroom, as well as tiling luxury apartments at Nottingham, and Jury's Inn hotels at both Nottingham and Bradford.
- I also undertake larger, extended projects as a self-employed tradesman. Past commissions completed include a cellar conversion and kitchen extension (Tuxford), and full property renovation and restoration projects at Old Ollerton and the Lake District (renovating the old post office and an historic farm house respectively).
- City & Guild and Advanced City & Guild in plumbing and lead work
- Over 40 years experience working in the construction industry
Public Liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £2,000,000.00
Valid until: 3rd Mar 2023
Public liability insurance
Covers your property, or the property of a third party, in the event of damage caused by a tradesperson or their employees. It does not cover poor workmanship and the policy may contain conditions that could restrict cover.
Professional indemnity insurance
Provides cover for losses arising out of professional errors in design and/or specifications offered as part of the service. This insurance is typically used by architects, designers, engineers, and design & build contractors.
MyBuilder does not verify public liability or indemnity insurance. Check this tradesperson’s insurance covers everything you need.
Shower Installation and deco Bathroom Fitting
Steve and James do the job well done and finished on time. I think I will find them if I have any related job in future.
andrew8888 - 4th Jan, 2023 Positive review
Full bathroom fit Bathroom Fitting
Absolutely brilliant from start to finish communication from the very first time we spoke has been great and Steve is a very pleasant guy.professional in every way from tidiness to time keeping def be using again
steve_600 - 31st Dec, 2022 Positive review
Install a shower Bathroom Fitting
Steve was so professional and carried out the tiling and shower fitting so flawlessly in my absence. Thanks for the recommendation.
alex92645_42 - 20th Dec, 2022 Positive review