S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling
- Member since Feb 2015
- 275 reviews • 100% positive rating
Start your project
Invite S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
My name is Steve Harmston. I have run a small family business for 22 years which has been built on word of mouth and customer satisfaction due to my high standards of work, friendly service and diligence. I offer free quotes and reasonable, competitive pricing.
- Bathroom Fitting
About S & J Harmston Bathrooms and Tiling
- 5yr apprenticeship (1973-8) based at Basford Hall Collage served at Clark & Wright.
- During my 19 years at Clark & Wright, I built up many key skills useful for working in the building trade. This enabled me to diversify from plumbing, learning many additional trades including tiling, plastering, lead work, bricklaying and more.
- I chose self-employment in 1993. Typically, I cover many forms of home improvements, focusing on tiling and plastering. Jobs range from fully fitting bathrooms to plumbing/tiling kitchens. I also offer a wide range of plastering services including plaster boarding, skimming, rendering and tyrolean.
- Site work (1993-2010): I have many years of experience working on commercial sites as a sub-contracted tiler. Site work projects include luxury housing estates at Stamford (for Milkirk Builders), new build sites such as Allison Homes and Kier Homes. Whilst sub-contracted to Daismill Ceramics, I worked as a tiler at the MFI Showroom, as well as tiling luxury apartments at Nottingham, and Jury's Inn hotels at both Nottingham and Bradford.
- I also undertake larger, extended projects as a self-employed tradesman. Past commissions completed include a cellar conversion and kitchen extension (Tuxford), and full property renovation and restoration projects at Old Ollerton and the Lake District (renovating the old post office and an historic farm house respectively).
- City & Guild and Advanced City & Guild in plumbing and lead work
- Over 40 years experience working in the construction industry
Public Liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £2,000,000.00
Valid until: 4th Mar 2024
Public liability insurance
Covers your property, or the property of a third party, in the event of damage caused by a tradesperson or their employees. It does not cover poor workmanship and the policy may contain conditions that could restrict cover.
Professional indemnity insurance
Provides cover for losses arising out of professional errors in design and/or specifications offered as part of the service. This insurance is typically used by architects, designers, engineers, and design & build contractors.
MyBuilder does not verify public liability or indemnity insurance. Check this tradesperson’s insurance covers everything you need.
Shower Bathroom Fitting
Steve and James are great. So good to have around with the stress of moving to a new house. Did all the work on time and a very pair price. The standard of their work is to a top notch level; and all done with good grace and humour. Cant speak highly enough of the work they carried out and them as people.
paul35915 - 16th Jan, 2024 Positive review
3 x bathroom tiling Tiling
Steve and James have completed the tiling of our bathroom, they did a brilliant job, were very flexible to the timescale required and we are extremely happy with the end result. They are returning to complete our en suite this week, would not hesitate to recommend.
sarah42262 - 6th Dec, 2023 Positive review
Steve did a great job tiling my kitchen. Worked around our availability which was brilliant. Would definitely recommend!
justgorgeous - 5th Dec, 2023 Positive review