R.Hughes Building and Conservation Ltd
- Member since Feb 2009
- 36 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite R.Hughes Building and Conservation Ltd to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
I am a 39 year old brick mason specialising in heritage brickwork. I take pride in my reliability, craftmanship and my professional yet friendly approach. I thoroughly enjoy every aspect of my job from meeting new customers to seeing the finished product of hard labour and craftmanship.
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- New Builds
- Conversions - General
- Driveways (Paved & Loose Surface)
- Tarmac Surfaces
About R.Hughes Building and Conservation Ltd
We are a traditional building company that works on listed buildings and heritage properties. We carry out extensions, barn conversions, garden walls, orangeries and repoint and repair both brick and stone masonry but our specialist skill is in historic brickwork. We are trained to work on all historic brickwork ranging from medieval castles to Victorian terraced houses using traditional techniques, materials and tools. Skills covered are lime mortar repointing, gauged brickwork, brick replacement and tuck pointing. We are lime mortar specialists having been trained in its use and having used it for a number of years now.
I myself, the owner of the company and the leading craftsman was trained by world renowned master bricklayer Dr. Gerard Lynch as was our other experienced bricklayer. We currently have a mature apprentice. We also have other craftsmen we call upon for our larger projects such as other brick and stone masons, lime plasterers, master carpenters, roofers and also plumbers and electricians for extension work. We are used to dealing with conservation officers where necessary and also with architects.
Our residential work ranges from small repointing and repair projects on terraced houses to extensions and barn conversions on grade II listed buildings. We also carry out work on national trust properties, most recently grade I listed Belton House.
We are honest, reliable, highly skilled craftsmen with a passion for conserving and restoring historic buildings. We are members of the FMB which can provide insurance backed guarantees on work where required. We are also members of SPAB and the building limes forum where we keep up to date with everything conservation!
- City & Guilds, NVQ3 Heritage Brickwork Specialist
- C.S.C.S. Gold Card holder
- C.S.C.S. Health and Safety Certificate
- Approved member of the Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
Ask a tradesman
R.Hughes Building and Conservation Ltd has answered 199 questions on Ask a Tradesman. Here's their top 5 answers.
- Should I lay flag stones on a bed of mortar or just sand? 100
- Mimimum depth of hardcore and tarmac required for residential drive 24
- how simple is it to dig out grass next to driveway and lay gravel to park a car(its on a slight incline) 22
- What type of mortar mix should I use for a rubble stone wall? 20
- How deep do I need to dig my foundations for conservatory 19
Other great tradespeople in Wellingborough
- Bricklayers in Wellingborough
- Repointing Specialists in Wellingborough
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists in Wellingborough
- Extension Builders in Wellingborough
- Stonemasons in Wellingborough
- New Home Builders in Wellingborough
- Landscape Gardeners in Wellingborough
- Conservatory Installers in Wellingborough
- Conversion Specialists in Wellingborough
- Driveway Pavers in Wellingborough
- Builders in Wellingborough
- Tradesmen in NN29