Mike Moffatt Building Services
- Member since Feb 2012
- 20 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite Mike Moffatt Building Services to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
MMBS was formed three years ago after 35years working in the construction industry starting my career as a bricklayer and more recently as a small works manager with a variety of jobs in-between, we give competitive prices and quality workmanship,with good honest advice
- 1.Chimney & Fireplace Specialist
- 3.Driveway Paver
About Mike Moffatt Building Services
Starting as a bricklayer with my father's business in 1978 I took over the running of it in 1991 (with a two year break in the mid 80s to work in Germany and Holland). In 1998 I took up the post of project manager for Zealley Construction where I worked on projects valued between £300k & £1.5 million including Kingsteignton youth club and Thurlestone Rock apartments. In 2002 I took a post with Imperial Construction as a small works manager which focused on conversions, maintenance and refurbishments. In 2009 I formed MMBS our work has included wall rebuilds to extensions and drives and chimney liners for wood burners.We are also a hetas registered company .with fully trained hetas installers
Cscs card holder no00513694
City and guide advanced craft certificate
Site mangers health & safety certificate
Hetas registered company
Hetas registered installer We have a first class team of plasterers bricklayers and ground workers. Excavation work is not a problem. We have access to a plumber and electrician as well as carpenters.
Ask a tradesman
Mike Moffatt Building Services has answered 9 questions on Ask a Tradesman. Here's their top 5 answers.
- My back bedroom has a flat roof, there is no insulation. The windown and door come virtually up to the ceiling. How can I get some insulation into the ceiling 2
- Open Coal fire replacing with woodburning stove . . . 1
- Second floor chimney 1
- im blocking around a timber framed house how much expansion joint do you leave around wondows and doors for reveals and heads or do you but up tight against them? 1
- whats the best cure for rising dam in a chimney breast 1