- Member since Nov 2014
- 29 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite MARKTHAMLIN to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
Personable, experienced stonemason working to a high standard; able to undertake hard landscaping. Walls in a variety of styles and of various composition; terrace and step work. Each project is treated as my very own. Hard-working, efficient, and conscientious; my projects are organised and completed properly. Good communication skills derived from an earlier commercial career.
Sole Operator, 40 + years' span of experience with stonework and hard landscaping.
Project planning with efficient execution is a critical component of my work.
My positive feedback ratings derive from many of the following projects:
Most recent experience:
- Restoration of moat walls at Noah's Ark Zoo, south Bristol.
- Boundary wall restoration; also ha-ha + bridge rebuild at Wraxall Court
- Several varied projects in Bath covering wall/pillar restoration; terracing and paving
- Extensive stonework/patio/rendering/new planters, Chew Magna
- Rebuilding of boundary walls for separate properties in Bristol
- Restoration of extensive stone boundary walls, Blagdon (2) & Clevedon Court
- major landscaping works to 3 sides of historic property
- patio build, Bristol
- new stone pillars for electronic gates
- re-profiling a 'ha-ha' fronting an imposing Georgian mansion overlooking Bristol
- construction of new white lias boundary wall, Radstock
- Cladding garage gable-end with 'red-rock ledger stone
- New boundary wall in red sandstone ' random style' at Oake nr Taunton,
- Wall restoration in grounds of Harptree Court venue for West Country-filmed Bake Off (2 series) , Chew Valley
- Rebuild of lias stone wall separating two substantial Victorian semis in Taunton -
- Constructing patio of 30 sq metres in Frome fringed with natural stone walling to rear bank as well as stonework to front of patio plinth above lawn...slabs of Indian sandstone ( 5 sizes) laid 'random repeating' .
- Rebuild of stone wall damaged by vehicle impact at Tickenham, owners highly pleased.
- Rebuilding ancient wall in danger of collapse in Chew Valley...owners delighted with workmanship and result..
- Restoration of stonework in ancient walled-garden..
- Constructing natural stone-faced walls to retain series of tiered ponds in grounds of substantial house
- Cobbling large driveway to correct levels and falls / drainage etc
- Creation of garden patios of varying scale/finish to owners' complete satisfaction
- All preparatory work & laying of artificial grass
- Restoration of wooden fencing using recycled deck-boards
Earlier successful career in commerce; good interpersonal skills; conscientious and hard working.
'Qualifications' and experience derive from 'time served' beginning in the 1970s working for my father who was an exacting, demanding, and multi-skilled builder with an excellent reputation for his high standards and work ethic in the locale.
Each job is treated as if it is my very own. I project manage efficiently and involve customers whenever key decisions are to be made; laying out the various pros and cons of the available options.
Achieving and even exceeding Client expectations is key to my job satisfaction.
Public Liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £1,000,000.00
Valid until: 20th Nov 2021
Public liability insurance
Covers your property, or the property of a third party, in the event of damage caused by a tradesperson or their employees. It does not cover poor workmanship and the policy may contain conditions that could restrict cover.
Professional indemnity insurance
Provides cover for losses arising out of professional errors in design and/or specifications offered as part of the service. This insurance is typically used by architects, designers, engineers, and design & build contractors.
MyBuilder does not verify public liability or indemnity insurance. Check this tradesperson’s insurance covers everything you need.
A unique insurance policy designed from the ground up to guarantee the success of your job. Including cover for poor workmanship, the loss of your deposit or if the tradesperson ceases trading. Learn more