- Member since Nov 2014
- 17 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite MARKTHAMLIN to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
Personable, experienced stonemason working to a high standard; able to also undertake hard landscaping and garden work including walls of various composition, fences, patios, etc. Hard-working, efficient, and conscientious; I take pride in completing the job properly. Good communication skills derived from managerial career in industry & commerce.
- 2.Landscape Gardener
Sole Operator, 30 + years' span of experience with stonework and hard landscaping.
I work hard and do not get distracted. I also consider myself to be highly efficient in project planning and execution.
My positive feedback ratings derive from the following projects:
Most recent experience:
- re-profiling a 'ha-ha' fronting an imposing Georgian mansion overlooking Bristol
- construction of new white lias boundary wall, Radstock, Oct '17
- Cladding garage gable-end with 'red-rock ledger stone, Sept '17
- New boundary wall in red sandstone ' random style' at Oake nr Taunton, Aug/Sept 2017
- Rebuild of collapsed stone garden wall dividing two prestige Georgian townhouses, Clifton Bristol, Aug 2017
- Construction of a 25 sq mtr patio in Indian 'Sahara' sandstone, Backwell, July 2017
- Restoration of car -impacted stone wall, Tickenham , June 2017 (not Mybuilder client)
- Wall restoration in grounds of Harptree Court venue for West Country-filmed Bake Off (2 series) , Chew Valley May 2017
- Rebuild of lias stone wall separating two substantial Victorian semis in Taunton - May-June 2017
- Constructing patio of 30 sq metres in Frome fringed with natural stone walling to rear bank as well as stonework to front of patio plinth above lawn...slabs of Indian sandstone ( 5 sizes) laid 'random repeating' . Completed April 2017
- Rebuilding 30 metres of garden wall in grounds of 18th C lodge, Almondsbury March 2017..
- Stonemasonry changes to walls fronting a 19th C. cottage in
Portishead, partial demolition, creation of vehicular access bounded by new pillars built from reclaimed stone, raising of wall height & restoration other sections....Feb 2017..
- Rebuild of collapsed stone wall in Old Nailsea, Feb 2017
- Garden makeover involving beautiful Indian paving slabs and returfing at Nailsea, Feb 2017
- Rebuild of stone wall damaged by vehicle impact at Tickenham, 2017 owners highly pleased.
- Rebuilding ancient wall in danger of collapse in Chew Valley..2016..owners delighted with workmanship and result.. invited to do further work in Spring 2017
- Restoration of stonework in ancient walled-garden..2015-6
- Constructing natural stone-faced walls to retain series of tiered ponds in grounds of substantial house 2014
- Cobbling large driveway to correct levels and falls / drainage etc
- Creation of garden patios of varying scale/finish to owners' complete satisfaction 2004 -
- All preparatory work & laying of artificial grass 2016
- Restoration of wooden fencing using recycled deck-boards 2015
Well-educated; successful career in commerce; good interpersonal skills; conscientious and hard working.
'Qualifications' and experience derive from 'time served' beginning in the 1970s working for my father who was an exacting, demanding, and multi-skilled builder with an excellent reputation for his high standards and work ethic in the locale.
My aim is to treat each job as if it is my very own. I seek to project manage each job efficiently and to involve customers whenever key decisions are to be made; laying out the various pros and cons of the available options.
Achieving and exceeding Client expectations is key to my job satisfaction.
Public liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £1,000,000.00
Checked on 7th Nov 17
Mr Mark Hamlin
Valid until: 20th Nov 18