- Member since Mar 2011
- 6 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite Vesica Design to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
I am an architect with over 20 years experience in London. I am efficient and conscientious and will do my best to meet your architectural needs in a professional & friendly manner. I am interested in finding innovative solutions to make the most out of the available space.
- Architectural Designer
About Vesica Design
July ’10 – to present Self Employed
• Meitheal Community, Donegal, master plan for redesign of community buildings including existing fort
• Internal house refurbishment, Chislehurst, Kent and Double storey extension (in planning) in West End, Surrey.
Dec ’09 – July ’10 Liam O’Connor Architects, EC1
• Bomber Command Memorial, Green Park. Design development, planning application, Contract sum £4 million
• Eaton Square, WC1 – Planning application for remodelling and extension to existing townhouse, £1.5 million
March ’04–Oct ‘09, EUA, London, EC1Y 8QX.
• Maesllwyni Hen, Powys. Refurbishment & Extension of historic farmhouse, Contract value £500K. Project architect Stages A-L
• Zenith House, Colindale, New Build Mixed use development 320 flats & community facilities, Contract value £60 m,
• Fitzroy Yard, London, NW1 Conversion of Offices to House, Contract value £500K..
• 19 East Heath Road, London NW3 New Build house, Contract value £80 K
• Ranthambhore, Rajasthan, India. Design of new energy efficient hotel
February ’09–Guest lecturer giving a 1 day seminar on Sacred Geometry at Nottingham University 3rd year architecture unit 1.
June ’09 – Lecture - gave an architectural lecture on the ‘Force of Forms’ to a conference on spirituality and service for the Lucis Trust in London.
November ’03 – Feb ’04, EPR Architects, 21 Douglas Street, SW1P 4PE
• Temple Back, Bristol. Office development, Contract value £2m
Sept ’02 – Sept ’03. Travelling in South America & teaching English
June 1995 – Sept 2002, RHWL Architects, 77 Endell Street, WC2
• Clifton Ford Hotel Extension incl. Holmes Place Health Club, WC1 £25 million. Project Architect
• County Hall, Westminster, Marriott & Travel Inn Hotels & Health Club £400 million hotel projects include: Riverbank Hotel, Albert Embankment, £40 million; Malmaison Hotel, E1, £40 million; Four Seasons Hotel, Canary Wharf, £30 million.
August - Dec 1994, R Cowan Architects, 22 Caroline Plc, W2
• New build maisonettes. Preparation of tender drawings
Feb 1993 – April 1994, ECD Architects, 11-15 Emerald St, WC1
• Linacre College, Oxford and Anglia University Library. Design Development & preparation of tender documentation
Feb 1987 – July 1992, Andrews Downie Architects, 6 Addison Av,
• 4 new-build town houses; refurbishment of houses in W11; Factory Extension; Pub to Office Conversions; Golf Clubhouse design
General project running, detail design, contract admin & prod info
Professional Practice, May 1992, Polytechnic of North London, this qualification makes you a qualified architect registered with the Architects Registration Board.
Diploma in Architecture (Hons), June 1991, North London Poly
RIBA Pt 1, Feb 1983 – Dec 1985, Natal University, South Africa
I am an all rounder in terms of architectural ability. I will design your project, apply for planning on your behalf, communicate with the planning authority and project manage the construction of your project if this is what you require.
Professional Indemnity InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £250,000.00
Valid until: 28th Feb 2019
Public liability Insurance
This covers your property, or the property of a third party, in the event of damage caused by works. It DOES NOT cover poor workmanship
The policy may contain conditions that could restrict the cover.
We have not verified this policy and recommend you verify it covers everything you need before agreeing to any work.
Professional indemnity insurance
This provides cover for losses arising out of professional errors in design and/or specifications offered as part of their service. It DOES NOT cover poor workmanship
This insurance is typically used by architects, designers, engineers, and design & build contractors.