- Member since Feb 2011
- 8 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite Henleigh Homes to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
My company Henleigh Homes specialise in offering an array of building services, undertaking extensions and conversions to the highest quality. I have built a strong reputation on the fine quality of my work, and credit myself for honesty, hard work and reliability.
- Extension Builder
About Henleigh Homes
I understand that improving or altering any part of your home can be a major investment and one that shouldn’t be entered into lightly but having worked in the building industry for over 30 years I am confident that with my experience I can provide guidance and advice from start to finish and build any project with your complete satisfaction.
Having been brought up in a building environment, third generation, I left school in 1978 to attend a full time bricklaying course at Chelmsford College, passing my City and Guilds in 1980. I spent the next 6 years bricklaying for Keefe & Wilson building factories, warehouses and shopping centres in and around London.
In 1986 I set up my first company Leigh Construction, concentrating on brick walls, patios, driveways, porches and small extensions. As the business grew I merged with another company in 1998 to form Wheeler & Leigh. This enabled us to branch out into building new homes, restoration of old barns, loft conversions, refurbishments and all types of extensions. We worked together for ten years when I decided to leave and form Henleigh Homes to specialise in extension work.
On extensions of 3-8 weeks I carry out most of the work myself, helped by other skilled tradesmen. I always contract out the plumbing and electrics as these require certified contractors. With larger projects of 8-16 weeks I do all the bricklaying myself but manage and oversee the other aspects of the job. I only work for one client at any given time and would be on site every working day.
My skills include:
• Bricklaying – All types of brickwork, arches, all decorative bonding work and matching up old imperial brickwork.
• Groundwork – Constructing all foundation layouts, block and beam floors and all drainage systems.
• Landscaping – Laying all types of paving for paths, patio’s and driveways.
• Carpentry – Structural roof work, fixing of skirting/architrave, hanging doors and wood flooring.
• Roof tiling – Including felting, batten and laying all tiles and slates.
• Plastering – All interior plastering and outside render work.