- Member since Nov 2010
- 62 feedback comments, 100% positive
Start your project
Invite Hawkins Restoration to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
Hello. I've been doing stone restoration and brickwork work for over 20 years. I specialise in lime mortar, stone fixing, bricklaying and brick and stone cleaning. After working for someone for over 20 years I decided to go on my own. All my work is carried out to a high standard.
About Hawkins Restoration
I would like to think I'm friendly, hard working and very trustworthy. I've worked for 2 companies in the last 22 years, worked on numerous high profile jobs in London and Kent, including The Tower of London, St James Palace, Buckingham Palace, Leeds Castle, Trocadero, Royal Opera House, Victoria and Albert Museum to name but a few. I have also worked for building firms such as Farnrise, Symmonds, Crest Nicholson, C Ginn Building Restoration, Payestone, Szerelmy, Massey Masonry, Priest Restoration.
I have public liability insurance, and managers and supervisors CCS card. Various cards so I can use power tools and fork lift truck licence. References are available upon request. I always get to work at 7:30 and start work no later than 8. I have breakfast at 11 and work through until 4 at the earliest. Most work will be done by me, not subbed out to other contractors, keeping costs down for the customer. If you aren't happy with any of my work I will be happy to do it again at no extra charge. I'm not someone who will disagree with you and talk rubbish to try and change your mind.
Ask a tradesman
Hawkins Restoration has answered 6 questions on Ask a Tradesman. Here's their top 5 answers.
- what is the best mortar mix to repoint an old rubblestone cottage 6
- A friend of mine has fitted some skirting board recently but I noticed soon afterward that in some corners he has not cut a right angle when joining to the end of the wall...is this correct??? 4
- Pebble Dashed Front of House - Can I get the bricks back or is rendering my only option? 2
- how many tonnes of ballast would i need to do 25 square meters at 4 inches think 1
- Does a crack start from the bottom up or the top down on a wall 1