GJW BUILDING SERVICES
- Member since Oct 2011
- 12 feedback comments, 92% positive
Start your project
Post your job to invite tradespeople like GJW BUILDING SERVICES to get in touch. You’ll also get email alerts when other MyBuilder tradespeople are interested.Post a job
34 years building trade experience in all aspects of construction, currently working as a sole trader concentrating on small works, Damp problems a specialty as i own my own equipment.All building works undertaken. contacts in the trade.Free honest advice always given!
- Conversions - General
About GJW BUILDING SERVICES
I started out in 1977 as an apprentice bricklayer and have city guilds and advanced craft certificates, in the early eighties i gained an higher national certificate (H.N.C)
IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION. i became a building inspector in b,ham for a few years but the draw of contracting led me back out on sites in the nineties i became a contracts manager for a construction company. through out the last 30 years i have worked on my own projects building extensions, loft conversions, barn conversions, and refurbs,and have always kept my "hand in" i am a "time served" tradesman with an eye for detail who enjoys what i do!
city & guilds
advanced craft cert
CONSTRUCTION SKILLS CERT SCHEME reg no 01174667
My skills are being flexable to the customers needs, i am capable of getting involved at the design stage of projects and helping with advise through the complete project , or working to drawings, or finding solutions to building problems, or just simply carrying out small jobs.
Ask a tradesman
GJW BUILDING SERVICES has answered 4 questions on Ask a Tradesman.
- buying a property, surveyor thinks ground floor joists may rest directly onto the brick walls without any damp membranes being inserted between and which may have led to rotting of the timber ends. 1
- Discovered cellar under house - how much to reopen? 1
- I have signs of damp on the wall under front window, and Interior wall
- How can I prevent damp / mould developing?