DJ Building Design
- Member since Sep 2011
- 8 feedback comments, 88% positive
Start your project
Invite DJ Building Design to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
I am a Chartered Building Engineer based in Tipton. I specialize in designing house extensions and loft conversions . I offer free advice on the phone and provide a friendly, efficient and competitively priced service.
- 1.Architectural Designer
- 2.CAD Technician
About DJ Building Design
I have been designing loft conversions and extensions for the last 18 years, and have run loft conversion and building companies.
I was a Senior Surveyor for Birmingham City Council and in site management for Tarmac
BSC Hons Building Surveying
Member of the Association Of Building Engineers. I have a certificate in Structural Design and do my own beam calculations.
As well as the Surveying and Architectural skills,I have physically carried out all the tradework on several jobs except the electrics.
I also have City and Guilds qualifications in Bricklaying, plumbing and gas fitting and therefore apreciate the builders perspective.
Ask a tradesman
DJ Building Design has answered 12 questions on Ask a Tradesman. Here's their top 5 answers.
- Cracking on internal thermalite block walls 7
- Fire regulations for loft conversion 3
- what year did builders start using structural steel to support first floors blockwork instead of timber? 3
- I need advice on moving a staircase to a loft conversion 3
- My neighbours extension is being rebuilt, but detatched, not semi as it was originally. 2