- Member since Sep 2011
- 8 feedback comments, 88% positive
Start your project
Invite DJ Design to provide you with a quote and enjoy all the benefits of posting a job on MyBuilder.
I am a Chartered Building Engineer based in Tipton. I specialize in designing house extensions and loft conversions . I offer free advice on the phone and provide a friendly, efficient and competitively priced service.
- Architectural Designer
About DJ Design
I have been designing loft conversions and extensions for the last 18 years, and have run loft conversion and building companies.
I was a Senior Surveyor for Birmingham City Council and in site management for Tarmac
BSC Hons Building Surveying
Member of the Association Of Building Engineers. I have a certificate in Structural Design and do my own beam calculations.
As well as the Surveying and Architectural skills,I have physically carried out all the tradework on several jobs except the electrics.
I also have City and Guilds qualifications in Bricklaying, plumbing and gas fitting and therefore apreciate the builders perspective.
Public liability InsuranceLimit of indemnity: £1,000,000.00
Checked on 21st Nov 16
David Jones (trading as D J Building Design)
Valid until: 16th Nov 17
Ask a tradesman
DJ Design has answered 13 questions on Ask a Tradesman. Here's their top 5 answers.
- Cracking on internal thermalite block walls 6
- I need advice on moving a staircase to a loft conversion 3
- what year did builders start using structural steel to support first floors blockwork instead of timber? 3
- Fire regulations for loft conversion 2
- My neighbours extension is being rebuilt, but detatched, not semi as it was originally. 2