Private Building Services

My name is Chris and run a small plumbing and building services business in Hackney. I am a plumber by trade and have 23 years experience in various aspects of the construction industry, and providing a personal service. I am a qualified and experienced plumber, and just do plumbing, and bathroom projects. I take pride in the work I do, and a good reputation is very important to me.


  1. Plumbing
  2. Bathroom Fitting
  3. Central Heating

About Private Building Services

My name is Chris Stovold and run Private Building Services. My time in the construction industry goes back 20 years. I started off labouring on various jobs for a couple of years. I worked for British Rail on one of their gangs repairing stations, retaining walls etc, and worked for a year labouring with a carpenter on a high spec private warehouse conversion. I then dipped a toe into the world of building maintenance and worked for a housing association repairing their properties. After that I got myself a van with tools and started to do private building work and handy-manning for domestic customers. During this time I also did an NVQ 2 in plumbing, and as part of my personal development at this time... worked as an emergency plumber for a big plumbing firm for a few months. Since then I have been self employed doing bathrooms, toilets, shower rooms and general plumbing work.
I am presently teamed up with a decorator / skilled labourer - Rui, and together we take on bathroom projects. We are experienced, aim to communicate freely and constantly, give as much advise as is needed when ordering and choosing fittings, leave the work area tidy after each day, cut no corners and do a proper job, with top quality materials. All wet areas are tanked as a matter of course, and we pay attention to details. We won't be the cheapest, because I quote for the time needed to do a good job, done with care.


20 years time served and did an NVQ 1 & 2 in plumbing

Ask a tradesman

Private Building Services has answered 1 question on Ask a Tradesman.