HERO PROJECT 2013
In 2003 research done by the Joseph Rowntree Trust showed that half of those living in poverty were homeowners.
In 2011 two thirds of the housing stock that fell below the government’s definition of ‘decent’ housing was owner occupied.
In 2013 one in eight homeowners over 50 are unable to afford to get work done on their homes - that’s two and a half million homes going unrepaired.
There’s a job to be done this Christmas, helping embattled homeowners in austerity Britain get much needed fixes done on their homes - and the tradesman’s website MyBuilder.com is taking up the challenge
All across Britain the site’s HERO PROJECT 2013 is spreading the Christmas spirit early. How? Through the kindness of the (extra)ordinary bricklayers, plumbers, and plasterers registered with the site.mWhile MyBuilder is offering £100 for every Hero job posted, their registered tradesmen are volunteering a day of their time for free. To get help or nominate someone all you have to do is post your story with a picture and then we’ll put the word out to our volunteers.
The HERO PROJECT is the brainchild of Ryan Notz, and is run by his site MyBuilder.com, where homeowners post jobs and tradesmen find work. The first Hero Project took place last Christmas, December 2012 and it is set to become an annual event.
When Notz launched the site, he was a self employed stonemason in Bristol, with plenty of experience of struggling to make ends meet:
“My wife had to stay home with the kids and I did my best to support my young family, going from one poorly paid subcontracting job to the next, often with dead time in between. We couldn’t really keep our heads above water: there are a lot of people around the country that are struggling like that right now and I feel that at MyBuilder, we have an obligation to help wherever we can.”
Ryan Notz Founder and CEO of MyBuilder.com
— 2015-05-11 16:09:38
- 4th Dec 2017 Heroic Tradesmen are giving up their time this Christmas to help families in need
- 1st Aug 2017 We need to talk about the state of Britain’s bathrooms
- 10th Feb 2017 Lincolnshire builder wins nationwide Job of the Year award!
- 10th Feb 2017 Ten tradesmen who put the ‘great’ into Great Britain!
- 8th Sep 2015 Everything you thought you knew about builders is wrong | #ModernBuilder
- 1st Sep 2015 Hextable‐based Builder Becomes Kent’s Number One Tradesperson
- 20th Aug 2015 The Winner of Britain’s Worst Garden Competition
- 20th Aug 2015 Have you got Britain’s Worst Garden?
- 20th Aug 2015 Tradesmen Prefer Tories, But Would Rather Work With Farage
- 11th May 2015 HERO PROJECT 2013
- 26th Jun 2014 BRITAIN’S WORST KITCHEN – IT’S OFFICIAL!
- 4th Sep 2012 MyBuilder.com seeks out Best Builders’ Breakfast in Britain
- 30th Jul 2012 MyBuilder.com makes sure your builder is not stuck in Olympic traffic