Heroic Tradesmen are giving up their time this Christmas to help families in need
Builders, plumbers and electricians and more from across the country are taking part in the MyBuilder 2017 Hero Project, giving up a day of their time to carry out work for homeowners who would normally be unable to get essential work done.
MyBuilder.com, the leading online marketplace for homeowners to find quality tradesmen, has launched its annual Hero Project, challenging generous tradespeople to give up a day of their time to undertake jobs for people in need. Tradespeople from all over the UK are already answering the call, taking on jobs without pay in order to help people out this Christmas.
If you or someone you know has not been able to afford a small, but essential job around the house, the MyBuilder Hero Project might be able to help.
To take part, homeowners-in-need can simply post a Hero Project job on the website, explaining what the job is and why they need it done. MyBuilder will then attempt to match them with tradespeople who will volunteer up to a day of their time, as well as compensating every tradesperson who takes part up to £100 for material costs.
Jobs that have already been posted on the site include fitting an extractor fan for a homeless shelter, and painting an autistic child’s bedroom their favourite colour.
Commenting on the Hero Project, MyBuilder founder and CEO Ryan Notz said:
“We know how much the amazing tradespeople that use MyBuilder love their communities, and we knew they’d jump at the chance to give something back this Christmas. When we’ve run the Hero Project in the past, we were overwhelmed with the response we got, and we expect this year to be bigger than ever. I’m sure we can help people and families in need across the country at a time when they need it most.
You can read more about the Hero Project here:
For more information and images, please contact email@example.com.
Notes for editors
www.mybuilder.com is an an online marketplace that enables consumers to find excellent tradesmen, with a mission to change the building industry for good.
Based on a principle of accountability through feedback, our unique system makes finding quality tradesmen easier and helps quality builders to find better work.
Around 35,000 tradesmen use the site, some 55,000 jobs are posted every month, and 2.1 million jobs have been posted to date.
To download the MyBuilder logo and photograph of CEO Ryan Notz, visit https://www.mybuilder.com/press-centre
— 2017-12-04 10:00:00
- 4th Dec 2017 Heroic Tradesmen are giving up their time this Christmas to help families in need
- 1st Aug 2017 We need to talk about the state of Britain’s bathrooms
- 10th Feb 2017 Lincolnshire builder wins nationwide Job of the Year award!
- 10th Feb 2017 Ten tradesmen who put the ‘great’ into Great Britain!
- 8th Sep 2015 Everything you thought you knew about builders is wrong | #ModernBuilder
- 1st Sep 2015 Hextable‐based Builder Becomes Kent’s Number One Tradesperson
- 20th Aug 2015 The Winner of Britain’s Worst Garden Competition
- 20th Aug 2015 Have you got Britain’s Worst Garden?
- 20th Aug 2015 Tradesmen Prefer Tories, But Would Rather Work With Farage
- 11th May 2015 HERO PROJECT 2013
- 26th Jun 2014 BRITAIN’S WORST KITCHEN – IT’S OFFICIAL!
- 4th Sep 2012 MyBuilder.com seeks out Best Builders’ Breakfast in Britain
- 30th Jul 2012 MyBuilder.com makes sure your builder is not stuck in Olympic traffic